There are a wealth of great online resources to help you create good quality and educationally effective videos.
7 Videos That Help You Build Effective Online Courses – this resource from TechSmith, developers of the excellent Camtasia screencast application, describes seven uses of video in online courses and provides a checklist. For more detail and some live examples, see this guide.
- Introductory videos at the start of a course
- Course navigation/orientation
- Introducing a new week or topic
- Walkthrough screencasts e.g. how to submit an assignment
- Assignment/project feedback
- Student-created videos
- Concise video lessons
Record demonstration videos in labs and workshops – this brief guide from Panopto shows what is possible using multiple camera inputs.
Top 10 Tips for creating a great screencast – some great ideas, real-world tips and links in this document by three academics. Highly recommended.